Monday, June 15, 2009

In the Nick of Time!

We went to get our last box and found this posted on the door of our rental:



The auction date is in a week!

We never heard a word from the bank, a realtor, or an attorney about the house while we were living in it. My neighbor said her brother-in-law had been watching its price on the MLS! (while we were living in it!) We had no idea it was listed. It must have been listed in some form for quite a while for it to be in the "to-be-auctioned" stage. We're just glad we didn't have to try to find another place to rent before we moved.

[I took out the picture of our house, just for safety's sake. Now you'll just have to come and see it in person!]

Its a little bit of an odd shaped lot, but at least we have some space for animals and kids.

As far as gardens go, all we had space for in our old house was a little wimpy strawberry patch. I hope we won't regret planting this much! (a lot of beets! my father-in-law planted them, thinking Miguel likes them, and none of us do)



We did this house so we could have some animals and plenty of space for the kids to play. We have been absolutely exhausted after going back and forth working on it and moving for a month, while getting kids to school and feeding lambs, but it feels so great to finally be in our own place!

4 comments:

mjnetty said...

Your house is so cute! And I love the open space all around. That will be so fun for your family.

Karl said...

Way to go guys! That house (and land) is awesome! Good luck with that HUGE garden. I bet Miguel is so happy with his LAND at last.

Jolayne said...

Your house is beautiful. I would love to see some inside pics.

Ashley said...

WOW- I want to come see you guys again and the new, beautiful house! LOVE it! That is going to be one awesome house! My jaw is still on the floor after reading about the auction notice- CRAZY! I cannot believe the issues you've had with houses! Good luck packing and moving again!