Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm So Vein

This pregnancy has gone so much better than I ever expected. 

My legs bothered me so much my last pregnancy that I had to do my dishes in shifts and wasn't able to cook much at all.  My last few pregnancies I have to do as much as possible sitting-- I do my hair and the kids hair while sitting on the floor, for example,  I also remember having to sit on the floor in an aisle in Wal-Mart when they hurt so bad I just couldn't stand it anymore.  (I've had to sit in many stores over my pregnancies, but usually I can find a spot that is more inconspicuous)  My last few pregancies were each hard that way-- in the sense that my legs hurt to stand for more than a few minutes at a time, especially in one place.  Each time they've gotten worse-- I really thought I'd have to ask for help this time.  I decided before this pregnancy that since this was to be my last, I wasn't going to complain, but try to enjoy it the best I could.  I was surprised that with the help of some compression hose, I was able to function pretty well the first 6 months.  At this point, our relief society brought a meal a week for a month, as did some other thoughtful ladies.  This was so sweet and so appreciated!  This gave a boost to morale and helped us make it through to the end.  A little sympathy and moral support go a long way-- its so nice to know that people will be there for you if needed.  
I don't think I'll be feeling to vain about my veins any time soon.  I hope I don't gross anyone out too much here...sorry if I do.  Its just crazy to me how much my legs have changed through 5 pregnancies.  They looked normal before I had kids, and even looked pretty normal after having just one.  But of course each child has been well worth it!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, I just hurt for you. I know you took a lot without complaining! You're an inspiration.

Is there lasering in your future? I know my other friend was happy to get that done.