Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Night in the Life

We have been really tired lately.  REALLY tired.  Here is how our night went last night:

8:30 pm - The oldest four kids in bed, I start getting Emerson ready for bed
8:35 pm- Isa out of bed, asks me what I'm doing, says she's scared
8:36 pm- Ava out of bed
8:37 pm- Kaedon out of bed, asks what everyone is doing
8:42 pm- Isa, Ava, and Kaedon back in bed
8:45 pm- Isa asks for a drink (usually at this point everyone else asks for a drink, too)
9:30 pm - I put Emerson down for the night
9:31 - 10:10 pm - I read, then go to bed
11:01 pm  - I hear panicky footsteps and realize Maia is beginning a sleepwalking episode, so I hurry to her room to try to keep her from waking the others (she seems to have combined sleepwalking/night terrors, because she screams and runs around - the other night she screamed to Kaedon "I ate your door!  RUN!")  I lie down with her until she calms down a little bit, then Miguel comes and takes a turn.
11:52 pm - Maia comes in our room asking for a tissue because she has a runny nose.
2:02 am  - Emerson starts to cry, escalates into a high pitched scream...the doctor told me not to pick him up, but its hard to listen to him scream, so I get up to close my door.  I realize Ava is in our bed, so I take her back to her bed.
2:21 am - Emerson miraculously stops screaming, Ava tries to get back in bed with us (not that I mind snuggling with her, its just too tight of a fit to get any sleep), so I take her back to her bed, this time she starts crying and tries to follow me back to my room...I put her in her own bed and threaten her with death.
2:22 am - I'm pretty sure Emerson heard Ava screaming because now he is screaming again.
2:31 am - Emerson goes back to sleep.
6:20am - Emerson awake for the day.

Most of our nights lately have drama like this.  This is just a delectable sample.  :)

Don't you think I should be paid more?  Its a good thing they're so cute.




These pictures are from last weekend when we let them have a sleepover in the living room.  This is the night Maia woke up screaming and telling everyone to RUN!  She had a dream that she ate the door to Kaedon's tent.  I think almost everyone ended up going back to their own beds that night of their own free will.  :)

1 comment:

Johanna said...

OK so I will stop wallowing in self pity - at least I only have two one that gets up every hour (why oh why did she learn to climb out of the crib) and one that sleeps 50% of the time through the night. Good luck!!!