Monday, June 4, 2012

Holy Moly Part 2


I'm posting this at the request of Kaedon....apparently I've left some things out...And some just happened yesterday!

I started playing the organ prelude yesterday and looked down to lovingly gaze on my brood.  Then what did my wondering eyes behold?  Ava, with a full jar of bubbles, contentedly blowing them around the church and Kaedon frantically waving his arms to get my attention, mouthing the word "bubbles" while pointing at Ava  (where did she get those?).  Maia, with her purple velvet winter dress and star-spangled shoes.  (when I say get your shoes on and get in the car, I don't always check to see which shoes they are wearing.  We went on a short vacation once and when we got there one of our kids didn't have any shoes on)

Ava has a 7'1 teacher, who teaches with his wife, who is average size.  Ava calls them "Big Bob" and "Little Bob."  And she is super enamored with "Big Bob"-- probably because he is the nicest Sunbeam teacher ever. 

Ava shouts from the car at ex-nursery teacher (she spent half her day in nursery yesterday without anyone noticing she wasn't supposed to be there)-- "you're a poopy rocket ship!"  Time to speed away.

Evidence to the contrary, Ava is actually very sweet, kind, and loving. She keeps life spiced with excitement for us.

Maia giving way too much information to her substitute primary teacher, who happens to be one of my friends where we live now.  When I picked her up, my friend laughed and said Maia told her she found me praying in the kitchen one day.  She told her her mom is going to die if we don't all do more to help her out, and her large, beautiful eyes were deadly serious-- she really believes I could die now if no one helps me.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love, love your stories. They just cracked me up. How do bubbles make it to church? Ha!