Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Room for Baby

My little baby is growing up too fast!  I was looking around his room the other day, just wanting to freeze that little nursery and that little boy forever.  I love this sweet little age.  I'm so sad I won't have a baby ever again!
 
Since we didn't know what we were having, I had to put his room together in bits and pieces after he was born.  My mom sewed the curtains for me and helped me cut out the vinyl, I found the growth chart (none of this is too fancy, I know) at Michael's on clearance, and I made the pics with scrapbook paper before he was born (I made one for boy and one in case it was a girl).  I know none of this would be considered to be a fancy nursery, but it has nonetheless been fun.  The quotes are from a song my dad used to sing to me when I was a child, which coincides with the title to my blog.  It is the "House at Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins.
 
Who knows how quickly this room will have to change, as E just escaped from his crib two nights ago.  I'm not ready for this.  In several senses.  :)
 
 
 
 

 


This had the words of "You'll Be in My Heart," by Phil Collins (lyrics here-- aren't they beautiful?).


I made this little "quote board" and printed off quotes to inspire me while we rocked (I wish I could say it worked).  The one I left on the longest was "Song for a Fifth Child" by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton-- see end of post.  One of my favorite motherhood poems of all time.


Notice the cute little handprint at top!  Oh!~



Song for A Fifth Child

by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton


Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,

Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,

Hang out the washing and butter the bread,

Sew on a button and make up a bed.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?

She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.


Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue

(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

Dishes are waiting and bills are past due

(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew

And out in the yard there's hullabaloo

But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.

Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?

(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).


The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,

But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

No comments: